Monday, January 3, 2011

Are you making wise choices?

Another entry from a NutriMirror member:

I was just reading an article on controlling hunger pangs and I found this paragraph that I thought all of us should remember as we try to wean ourselves from the holiday indulgences.

(Excerpt from realage.com)
Don't obsess about how much you should be eating. Instead, spend your energy thinking about WHAT you should be eating. If nutrient-rich fruit, vegetables, and whole grains aren't making frequent appearances in your diet, your body is going to miss them and loudly ask for more fuel. Same goes for lean proteins and healthful fats. Once you feed yourself better, and your body gets past the initial junk-food withdrawal, your taste buds will start to crave the healthy stuff instead.

This is SO TRUE! I can’t believe the difference it makes in my life when I eat the way my body wants me to eat. Happy New Year everyone - let's all make wise and healthy food choices!

No comments: