Saturday, March 5, 2011

Getting organized

I've set up my page for the walk. And, have just started contacting people for donations.

The training part is the easiest. This donations thing is kind of scary, but, I'll get over it.

The route isn't in stone yet, but usually San Diego walks have started in Del Mar at the fair grounds. When I heard that I could actually see the Torrey Pines hill, Yikes that's a steep one! Head south and camp at Mission Beach. I understand there will be 2 walks from there but, ending back at the same site.

1 comment:

Kel said...

Plan on the hills!

Minnesota is one of the flattest places I have ever lived, yet somehow they seem to find the only hills in the state!

They generally don't publicize the route until a few weeks before the walk. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the campsite here is the same as it has been the last 4 years. It is a mile from my house and I sleep at home!!

I am such a priss!