Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Do you lose your motivation?

How often are you distracted?

I can lose my concentration so fast, I should wear post-its to remind me to stay focused.

I’m not particular either. I could love to do something or hate it, but know it has to be done, and still…

I’m training to do the 3 day 20 mile a day walk. I have no doubt I will be able to do this and I know training will help. But the last few days have rushed by and I’ve done nothing. I could blame the weather but I do live in California! Even when it rains it rarely rains all day. So, I wasted 3 days, the first day looked like rain, the 2nd day did a little sprinkle and the 3rd day it did rain.

So every day is a new day, start again.

5 comments:

Carla said...

Pam, a day is never wasted! Just being here in the wonderful state is a gift. You're doing great! And now, look at this beautiful day we have ahead of us. I know you will be out there walking today. You go girl!

Karyn said...

I should really read blogs more often! Yours is beautiful, Pam, and I like your posts. I'm having motivation issues myself these days but I am trying to ignore them and just keep on going. Somehow I think you will be just fine. :)

PamelaAnn said...

Carla and Karyn, thanks I needed that. Sun is shining, I'm all dressed and headed out for a walk!

Anonymous said...

Pam, you will do just fine! 3 days in the scheme of things is a pretty short space of time. And maybe your mind and body needed this as a centering point to go forward. I know my enthusiasm is always revived after a short break.

susan said...

I can SO relate to this, and it always helps to hear that I'm not the only one. Sometimes, no - often, I get really down on myself because of all the things I'm not getting to do because I've put off so many others. But, you're right - each day we get to start anew.

The fact that you are even planning something like this says a lot!

so thankful for that!