Saturday, February 26, 2011

More on the 3 day walk

My first get together was today in Encinitas. Only 10 people there, all but 2 had already signed up.
I have nothing to compare with, the stories I heard today! I feel so blessed and that only made me want to do this more.
Kel said get ready for the tears and I know what she means. They showed a video of some walkers and we heard a little of their stories. 3 women and 1 man where at the meeting to tell how many walks they have already done and why they were doing this. They gave suggestions and told us how to start, either walking or fund raising.
I met one of the trainers, she works a couple blocks from the office and is in charge of some of the training walks.
I'll keep in touch...

4 comments:

Kel said...

Oh how I wish I lived there. No, really!

i will train with your virtually!

PamelaAnn said...

I would love that Kel! Do you have any "helpful hints"? Are you doing a walk this year?

Kel said...

I am walking this year! I have yet to set up my page. In addition to walking, I am an ambassador. Just means I will do PR if called upon.

I am walking in August, I think the 19-21st.

Helpful hints:
Train, train, train
Buy two pairs of shoes and train in them. You want shoes you can alternate in. I generally buy two of the same brand in different colors so I can tell them apart.
Buy the socks you will walk in. Socks are almost as important as the shoes!
Always walk with water. You need to learn to walk with it. There are special fanny packs that can hold water bottles as well.
Fundraising - get business cards made with your site info. As you are training, give them to people who want to know why you are walking around town all the time!
I will post more as I think of them!

jimray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.