Friday, February 25, 2011

I will walk 60 miles!

Well I did it! I signed on for the the 3 Day Walk for the Cure! It's in November so I have plenty of time to get in shape.

I've already "upped" my walking. I'm feeling pretty good. Already bought new shoes, but will probably spring for another pair so I can alternate.

The last time I trained for a big walk, I wasn't eating the way I am now. So, I'm really interested to see what happens.

I'm excited!

Do you have someone I could walk for? I would put their name on my site and walk with them in my thoughts.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know my mother-in-law does not have breast cancer, but maybe you could put her name on your list? She is having a rough time of it right now.

You are going to do such a great job!

Do you have a program you are going to follow, or are you approaching training by upping your mileage yourself?

PamelaAnn said...

Funny you should ask! I printed off the training schedule and mailed one to you and Carla.

I would love to put your mother-in-laws name on my site.

Thanks for the encouragement.

The Path Traveled said...

Please go to my blog and click on the top tab , Blog for a cure. I would love it if you check the Blog for a cure site that you can get on from there.. Cancer Sucks and there is so many types. I have seen many pass away. My sisters friend just passed away with brain cancer that started from Skin Cancer. Please write my name on your number.

Kel said...

Plan on wearing the names on a tshirt. Carrying a sign is too straining on your arms!

Depending on your pace, you will be walking 5-8 hours a day!

Let me know any questions you may have!

PamelaAnn said...

Thanks Kel, a shirt makes sense. I hope I will learn a lot of things tomorrow, that's when I go to my meeting.

Betty I will gladly put your name on my shirt. Thanks for reminding me about your blob.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I was going to say you are either quick or psychic! (A bit of both, I think.) :) Thank you so much for the schedule, Pam!

PamelaAnn said...

Better psychic than psycho!