Saturday, July 16, 2011

Think - Move

Had a good walk. Changed my route and went in the opposite direction. Instead of the hill I normally walk, I headed out to the nursery about 1 mile from my house. I took a bunch of pictures with my cell phone and then started walking.

This route has more shade and is prettier. It's also a lot longer than the other walk. But, because of the pictures I took and the thoughts running in my head, it went by fairly fast. I'm doing an art project and the pictures will somehow be included. So, I'm talking, in my head, to the people involved and wondering how things will work out.

I also had a conversation with my mom! Sometimes when things are happening in my life I still want to pick up the phone and call mom. I would love to tell her what's happening in my life now. I know she would be proud of what Jim and Mike have done.

This distraction is why the walk didn't seem long. Are you able to get through your work out with out looking at the clock? Do you constantly wish you could stop? Maybe you haven't found the right form of exercise. Maybe you need a diversion. Consider picking up a camera or your cell and take some pictures. Try to think of it as something other than exercise.

Walking has always worked for me. Not the treadmill. I"m always looking at how far I've traveled or how many laps I've gone.

3 comments:

Kel said...

I think I write best when I am walking! The thoughts that come to me are far different than when I sit down and try to write!

PamelaAnn said...

Can you remember them when you get back and sit to write them? I write wonderful things when I'm walking.

The Path Traveled said...

Pam,
I love your post today. All my best thoughts for writing were while I was walking.
I still to this day after 14 years catch my self wanting to call mom and tell her something...I guess I always will.