Wednesday, June 29, 2011

EXERCISE Let's go walking

Sunscreen check, hat check, shades check, water check, cell check.

I'm building up my stamina for my 3 day walk. When I have a specific route for my exercise planned, I do fine. If it's a short 2 mile walk or a longer 10 mile, no problem.

My issue is normal activity.

I've started wearing my pedometer again so I can see exactly how much walking or how little walking I actually manage in a day. I like the 10,000 step challenge. This means 5 miles per day. Definitely a challenge when the car is parked 20 steps from my desk. The bathroom is 20 steps from my desk. The copier is 10 steps from my desk. And, my house isn't that big. Do you see a pattern forming here?

Everything is "too conveniently" located. This saves time so I can get my work done fast and go exercise, right. It hardly ever works that way.

Wearing the pedometer keeps me on track. I have come up short of the 10,000 steps on a couple of days. Each day gets easier.

3 comments:

MK said...

I'm sure YOU do more steps in a day than I manage. Although the idea of keeping a pedo with me during my work day is intriguing ....... I'm thinking I'm gonna have to try that !!! SOON ! =)

PamelaAnn said...

MK, I think it's a good idea. Try it for a couple days without setting a goal. Put it on in the morning and check it at night. One mile is about 2,000 steps.
If you purchase one on line and you are using NutriMirror we would appreciate it if you clicked through NutriMirror then Amazon. This helps up keep NutriMirror free. Thanks

Kel said...

You need to work in a downtown area. I have to walk a mile from my parking garage to the office. Once at the office, there are meetings in different buildings. Then there is the walk to get a cup of coffee - in another building.

Head back to the car for another mile!