Thursday, June 9, 2011

Why do we deserve something that is bad for us?

This may seem too simple, but, I have always wondered why people think they "deserve" something that is bad for them?

We, here at NM, see a big spike of users on Monday and Tuesday, then a gradual decline that includes a total "wipe out" over the weekend. We hear the same thing, "I've been good so now I can celebrate". Celebration always mean "let's eat" and eat poorly. The good you did at the beginning of the week can be totally erased by Sunday night.

I believe we all deserve to be healthy. But, it's up to us to do it for ourselves. On NutriMirror you can actually see how your choices are effecting your health. Take advantage of this knowledge. Check your Reflection Analysis daily. There's a lot you can learn from that page.

Keeping ourselves as healthy as possible is up to us as individuals. Make the right choices. I know it's not easy. What do you do that you have had to learn to do and now it's easy?

Do one healthy thing a day. Make one good food choice a day. You may make that a habit. Small changes can add up.

1 comment:

The Path Traveled said...

Thank you for the reminder, Pam. You fall right in there with Kels post yesterday and the tips she listed to get us back on track. I have slaked up on the choices and some not so good, but I always log every bite to see what I did wrong in my choices. I feel great, exercise daily, but have added a few pounds back on since last year. I know what to do, I just need to get on the path and get green again. I haven't fallen off the wagon, I've just been letting the horses run a little slower.